2019 Trends Forecast Report
Shifting Sands Forecast: Trends Shaping the Food Industry in 2019
Release Date: 2/25/19
2019 predictions explore:
- Government – cybersecurity, plant proteins, obesity, e-fairness, GMO
- Health – weight wellness, active aging, natural energy, carb shift, Keto, Cannabidiol
- Technology – narrowcasting, order, delivery, GMO, blockchain, packaging, AI, colors
- Consumers – clockless eating, transparency, invisibly healthy, brand activism, sustainability
- Travel –digital detox, mystery trips, dark travel, cross-generational, glamping, second cities
- Beverage – infused ice, hard cider, seasonal, plant milk, fermented, lagers, florals, functional, tea/coffee infused, and global retro cocktail
- Flavor & Cuisine – micro ethnic, plant-based, pickled, alternative flours, wild game, cannabis, foodceuticals, fruit and vegetable cousins of the cool kids
It can be difficult to know which trends are most likely to rise above the noise in the New Year. It can be even more confusing trying to decide which will resonate most with your brand and customers.
This report is a cross-analysis of 228 prediction lists for 2019 put forth by 170 industry experts. In all, more than 1,700 individual predictions were evaluated for their potential during the coming year, however, only well-supported predictions were included in the final report. All trends in the report are anticipated to remain in focus throughout 2019 and into the first quarter of 2020.
The trends are broken down by macro and micro families, which help to establish their strengths and links to other existing trends.
Strategic analysis accompanies the forecast to reveal pathways for creating approaches and products which align with consumers. This help to translate an array of fragmented trend lists, into actionable strategic intelligence.
Discover Navigation charts with “Ah-Ha Moments” you can use to navigate trends affecting your playground. The trends are broken down by macro and micro families, which help to establish their strengths and links to other existing trends.
Knowing which trends best fit your brand, which will resonate most with customers, and how long they will they stick around can clear a path for meaningful innovation. Understanding how these trends came to be and what is pushing them into the spotlight can help move you to a calmer, more confident position for strategy development.
This report reveals drivers for food industry trends through 2019/Q1 2020:
- Food Safety
- Virtual Safety
- Cognitive Function
- Social – Connectedness
- Motivation / Behavior
- Control, Safety, & Security
- South America
- Central America
- North America
- Middle East
- Themed Travel
- Experiential Travel
- Setting & Experiences
- Cocktails & Spirits
- Beer, Cider, & Hard Soda
Add Ins& Preps
- Meal Types & Setting
- Foods & Flavors
- Regional Cuisines & Factions
What you get:
- Report PDF
- Executive summary
- Navigation charts
- Link diagrams
- Macro and micro trend tables
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Report utilization phone support for 2 months following purchase